Tags

, ,

I’m playing catch-up for the Fall season. Sewing in summer was limited due to time away from the Singer. Now there is a long list of planned sewing to tackle.

Fall 2013 Wardrobe

Some projects were planned since last Fall but I was hesitant to start them. (I started sewing around a year ago)

Orange Pumpkin Laurel/Uniform Top

The orange pumpkin cotton was purchased from Dressew last year. I bought 3m, enough for 2 tops. Problem then was the pattern. Mom wanted a uniform top but I didn’t have a pattern for her yet. We wanted to make the 2 tops together but without a pattern, we were a bit lost. In Spring, I drafted a custom uniform top pattern for her and it worked!

For myself, I’m getting a Colette Laurel in view 4. The collar will be bias tape facing.
For Mom, she’s getting a custom uniform top with 2 large pockets. Collar and sleeves will be bias taped.

Brown Vertical Flower Alma

Mainly brown flowers with vertical blue/red/yellow/white stripes down the cotton fabric. This was an end-of-the-bolt in the sales bin at Spool of Thread. The amount is minimal at 1.1m, barely enough to make a Sewaholic Alma in view B without the peter pan collar. Mom figured out the pattern layout, just the front, back, and sleeves. We used some leftover fabric for the facings.

My goal is to have these 3 garments done before October starts.

Icy

Advertisements